[VHFcontesting] Other Impacts article

kevin kaufhold kkaufhold at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 10:47:25 EDT 2004

I have recently finished an extensive article on
causative impacts in the large swings of VHF contest
log entries. Items discussed include: information on
general participation levels; the impact from various
rules modifications over the years; the involvement of
the solar cycle (along with simple linear regression
analysis); local weather and band conditions; moral
persuasion; and contest administration.  The “Other
Impacts” article can be found on the SMC VHF web-page
at:
http://www.w9smc.com/SMC%20VHF/OtherImpactsarticle.pdf
.

Also of interest is a statistical review of current
band and state VHF activity for the Midwest region.
It is generally referred to as “Appendix I”, and can
be found at:
http://www.w9smc.com/SMC%20VHF/regional_and_state_stats.pdf
.

In addition, a very nice historical review of VHF
contest and operating activities in the US can be
found at:
http://www.w9smc.com/SMC%20VHF/Consolidated%20history.pdf.
These “VHF Historical Notes” are continually growing
and evolving (many of the later chapters are still in
outline form), so if anyone has some interesting VHF
tidbits of an historical nature, please send the items
to me.

Kevin
W9GKA