[VHFcontesting] Rig Suggestion

JT Croteau jt at w6cfo.net
Fri Oct 15 11:54:27 EDT 2004

Ok, I want to start getting serious aboot my rover station in time for
the January contest.  Therefore, I need a new rig (or maybe two).

Now, as far as I can tell, to get all the features I want in one rig, it
looks like I may need to go out and buy an IC-910H.  However, I've never
  been very partial to Icom and the price tag (fully equipped) is a bit
hard to swallow.

My minimum requirements are:

Twin RX
Compact Size
2M/70cm

Plusses:

Cross band repeat
Modular add-on for 1.2GHz or 220MHz.

Dual bander would be nice but I could go with two monobanders if the
price was right and I could make them fit well in my small rover.  My
present rover is a 1997 Ford Ranger PU, single cab with long bed, so I
don't have alot of room in the cab.

Any suggestions?

BTW, I just upgraded to Extra this past weekend.  I'm looking forward to
the new ticket coming in the mail.  This has been a long time coming.

Thanks and 73's

---
  JT Croteau                                             Wilmington, CA
  ARS W6CFO/MM aboard "QuickSilver"                  Los Angeles Harbor