[VHFcontesting] Sept contest results

K3uhf at aol.com K3uhf at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 00:33:43 EDT 2004

I was looking through the submitted logs on the Sept vhf contest see some
guys from California grid circled in west Texas which seems like a long drive to
drive in circles. AND who wants to drive in circles in west Texas? The sooner
I'm out of there the better!  I digress.

So being curious I figure these guys must be pretty active hams so I look up
their calls on qrz. Com.  The biggest rover seems pretty active but the guy I
presume went with him has only 8 look ups on qrz. Not too active of a ham
unless he's in West Texas.

As an avocat of activating rare parts of the country I commend their efforts
to activate West Texas as the other rover there only scored 1/500th of either
of their scores.  Also the only other West Texas Club only scored 1/50th of
either of their scores.

Yes, these guys sure put West Texas on the map with giant scores, its too bad
nobody's score who lives in West Texas reflects it by working them.

Yes, they went through there like a Texas Tornado, It reminds me of and old
country music song.  Ghost Riders in the wind....

k3uhf

Yes, if a tree falls in the Forrest it does make a sound if no one hears it.