[VHFcontesting] Re: 902 vs 903

KA6AMD ka6amd at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 3 01:43:07 EDT 2004

I originally got my DEM 902 transverter with the 903 MHz crystal.
Unfortunately here in the West, the frequency of choice is 902.1.  The IF
rig I was using was a TR-9000.  The crystal sets up so that 903=144 MHz.
This means that to use 902.1, I have to go to 143.1.  The old TR-9000 was
not able to tune below 143.9.  So I ended up getting a new crystal.

The point is that almost all 2M multi-mode rigs can go to 145.1 so a
transverter crystalled for 902 MHz will work great on 903.  Its not
necessarily so for the reverse.  Just some hard won experience to pass
along.

Erich, KA6AMD
DM15bp