[VHFcontesting] Re: Sports vs. Radiosports (George Fremin III)

jon jones n0jk at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 21:12:40 EDT 2004

>>A 21st century Focus does not include hams who do not have means to
>>electronically submit logs, or who choose to use paper logging? Let's keep
>>the focus on being inclusive rather than exclusive. I'm sure the contest
>>sponsors would narrow the window if their experience would allow for it.

- W2EV

>While I do not know the exact numbers - there are very few
>paper logs submitted these days - and the numbers keep going down every
>year.

- K5TR

I use a paper log for single op portable operating. More reliable than the
lap top "in the field." Some rovers still keep paper logs. There is a web
based Cabrillo app. for those who log on paper to convert their contest logs
to the Cabrillo format by typing them in:

WA7BNM Web2Cabrillo 1.03

Thus the "paper loggers" can submit their logs electronically. A "contest
log" deadline of 1 to 3 days would be possible.

- NØJK