[VHFcontesting] K1WHS u/m FN43mj

David Olean k1whs at worldpath.net
Tue Sep 7 22:07:36 EDT 2004

Hi Dave,
    Yup! You heard right. The antenna is quite sharp vertically, but very
broad in azimuth. Gain is over 20 dBd in free space. It is aimed at about
230 degrees and covers from Rhode Island out to the Buffalo and Toronto
area. Last year we had one half of it assembled and the 144 ops loved it. I
have a feeling they will love it even more this Sept.  Top antenna is at 115
ft. The lowest one is at 32 ft.  N1DPM is coming over that weekend, just to
operate it.
    It should make a good long haul meteor antenna as well. It worked quite
well in the Perseids.
73
Dave K1WHS
I'll have some pictures on my website soon.