[VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Sep 8 16:58:45 EDT 2004

Ev Tupis wrote:

>> Ken is right that WRTC "real-time" scoring is a much different situation
>

> I hope I haven't misstated something along the way.  I used WRTC2002
> simply as an example of "out of the box" thinking only.
>
> The system that is being envisioned has participants logging-in and
> authenticating to a site that would handle all of the logging and
> dupe-checking for the contestant.  There's nothing to misinterpret or
> mis-state.

So in your viewpoint, "always-on" Internet connectivity is a requirement
to participate in such a real-time event?  (If that's determined
up-front, a computer system probably could be designed relatively easier
than a system that has to handle live and post-processed logs later from
other stations.)

It also probably eliminates rover activity from such a contest, except
for the rovers that will go through the headaches to find wireless
Internet solutions.

Nate WY0X