[VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports

Michael Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 07:43:55 EDT 2004

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:18:35 -0400, Ev Tupis <w2ev at arrl.net> wrote:

> Not at all.  Participants could be "always connected" (real-time logging),
> "intermittantly connected" (batch-interactions periodically throughout the
> event) or e-submitted (just like logs are right now via emailing of Cabrillo
> logs, except with a compressed submittal timeframe).

Mike wrote

EV, out here in the heathen lands west of the Mississippi some of
these ideas like HamIM are going to catch little traction for rovers &
portable operators to even consider let alone embrace.  I'm all for
raising the standard(s) and encouraging more participation but I'm
afraid that the more "complicated" <read EXPENSIVE> I.E. additional
rigs & computers dedicated for "auxiliary" modes such as HamIM you
make it the more you are going to turn <if not drive> away the casual
contester screaming why bother.

Me thinks that you are trying to take the fun out of contesting my
friend.  The bottom line is this.  As long as you have contests you
are going to have hacks and cheats, whether if its paper logs or the
most sophisticated computer network you can think of.  Live with it,
this is a hobby, its suppose to be fun without having to spend half
the national debt on rigs and computers..
--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Character = How you treat people who can do nothing for you in return!