[VHFcontesting] FN55 in 2m sprint

N1BUG paul at n1bug.net
Sun Sep 19 17:05:55 EDT 2004

I finally decided I should join this reflector. With
increased station capability comes increased interest in
contesting (Or is that the other way around? Hmm.  :)

I will be active in the 2 meter Fall Sprint. I confess I'm
usually a hunt 'n pounce operator, but realizing it isn't
very productive for most stations to call CQ in this
direction I will try to CQ more. The challenge with that is
from up here with everyone pointed the other way it's
essentially impossible to know what might be a clear
frequency for those in the center of the activity. I will
QSY often until / unless I find a spot that works.

Paul, N1BUG    Milo, ME  FN55mf
Please QSL via KS4YT
Aurora Sentry - http://www.aurora.n1bug.net/
N1BUG Web - http://www.n1bug.net/