[VHFcontesting] 2m_Sprint

Bill Seabreeze w3iy at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 5 14:11:07 EDT 2005

Yo...
Great fun in the 2m sprint last nite from W4RX.
We found 86 stations in 31 grids, which was
better than expected. Decent activity all over
the compass, for the most part.  There are
always more grids to work on 2m as compared with
the higher bands, so this was a welcome treat.
We heard a touch of Au, but it was gone before
we realized what was happenning. Many of the
usual Au stations were available via
ground-wave, so condx weren't too shabby.  We
found stations in the following grids, which
made it fun:

EM89 FM07 FN00 FN23
EM96 FM08 FN04 FN30
EN82 FM09 FN10 FN31
EN90 FM17 FN11 FN32
EN91 FM18 FN12 FN41
EN92 FM19 FN13 FN42
EN93 FM25 FN20 FN43
FM06 FM29 FN21

It was a big surprise to find AA3ID in FM25
as we rarely work that grid even when roving
there.  Tnxfer all the QSOs!  Hpe CU on 222
next week!

73,
Bill W3IY

p.s. Listen for the weak ones..