[VHFcontesting] 2m Sprint :-(

Alex kr1st at amsat.org
Tue Apr 5 17:56:19 EDT 2005

The 2m Sprint was very disappointing for me. Zero contacts. 2.5 hours of
static before I finally gave up. Down here near Charleston, SC (EM92)
you get lonely quick on VHF. Called plenty of CQ, but no takers. Sure, I
have a very modest setup with just a stacked pair of HB loops @ 30+ feet
and 50 Watts, but that should be good for at least a few contacts.

Perhaps self spotting should be allowed for folks in grids with (very)
low activity so that the big guns know when you're on and can turn their
beams/stacks towards you in an attempt to make a contact.

Can you send in a 0 contact log to at least let folks know that you were
there?

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com