[VHFcontesting] Pack Rovers meet ARRL contest objectives

Bob Naumann - W5OV W5OV at W5OV.com
Tue Aug 16 00:58:11 EDT 2005

I'd like to qualify my comment below regarding N2LBT's rover operations.

I am presuming that his description is truthful, and his ambition is solely
to maximize his own rover score and therefore he works lots of stations
without focusing his attention on any particular multi-op he might be
otherwise affiliated with.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Naumann - W5OV [mailto:W5OV at W5OV.com]
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 10:42 PM
To: 'VHF Contesting e-Mail List'
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Pack Rovers meet ARRL contest objectives

I think in Dennis's case, his operation defines what rovers should be.  A
single rover, doing what they feel is best for his/their own score.
Venturing out into their chosen area, to seek to do what they can do best -
alone.

Consider the difference between this approach, and what we all know was
required to plan and execute the recent rover team / grid circling
operations.

-Bob W50V