[VHFcontesting] EN29 on air for VHF+ contest

steve d kc8qvo at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 22:00:45 EDT 2005

Hi everyone, I am new to this listing. I was referred here by the ARRL contest crew. I am going to be operating in EN29 from Lake of the Woods, Ontario, Canada. I will be on 6m, 2m, and 70cm SSB - right above the calling frequencies. I am not sure EXACTLY where I will be due to the anticipated high activity on the bands, where ever there is a clear spot Ill operate.

Equptment list:
          Main rig - Kenwood TS-2000
          Antennas:  6m - Cushcraft A50-5S
                           2m - Cushcraft 13B2
                          70cm - M2 440-21ATV
                          2m/70cm FM - Cushcraft A270-10S
      All antennas are on a rotator

Hope to work all of you on the air! Please spread the word, I have operated up in EN29 for the past 2 years and want to make this more of a formal operating event. I found out about the VHF contest well into my plans for my trip, so I am not 100% sure I will catch most of it or not. The plan is to leave Friday, so hopefully I will make it.

73,
Steve, KC8QVO