[VHFcontesting] Looking for "The VHF/UHF DX Book"

DUGAS, JASON A. (JSC-EP) (NASA) jason.a.dugas at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 15 12:58:22 EDT 2005

This is the first I've heard about the book being completely out of print.
A while back when I bought my copy, I originally contacted the ARRL who used
to carry it.  For some reason, they decided to no longer sell it.  Luckily,
I was able to contact Ian and tell him.  He actually didn't even know the
ARRL had dropped it from their book list which garnered a response from him
along the lines of "Bloody unbelievable!!"  So evidentally, they didn't even
tell him they were dropping it.  I was able to buy a book directly from him
(or maybe it was from the RSGB.  I had to pay extra shipping charges for the
book to come from Europe.

Its really ashame that this book is no longer in print.  It really was a
treasure trove of information for the VHF/UHF enthusiast.  Glad I have my
own copy of it!!

Incidentally, I just did a search at abe.com (American Book Exchange).  You
can usually find all kinds of used books there, but I saw none.  I would
imagine that those who own this book will want to keep it, so used copies
may be hard to find.

Jason
KB5URQ