[VHFcontesting] 6m Sprint

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Sun May 15 11:12:36 EDT 2005

Conditions must've been wildly different here.  Either that, or next time
I should take a bigger beam!  I was using a short 3-element beam from a
hilltop in EN50xf, not too far from where I live.  The hilltop made up for
lack of a tower.

I only made 5 QSO's in the sprint. For a short time, at 0150Z, I was
hearing WB1GIV in EL96 (I think) and he heard "W9?" but the band dropped
out before we could make a QSO. Other than that, besides the people I did
work, I only heard two other stations I wasn't able to work.

I hope for some decent 6 meter openings yet to come this year. Field Day
weekend would be a great time!

73, Zack W9SZ