[VHFcontesting] [Packrats] Re: [Mw] W3IY SK

Paul Drexler W2PED pdrexler at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:21:18 EDT 2005

We will surely miss Bill!

We enjoyed having Bill present at the Pack Rats conference two years ago and
we recently named him an honorary Pack Rat for all the work he's done to
promote microwave activity.  Darn it, I sure wish he could be with us again
this year!

We always had a blast working the W3IY/R station in the various contests.
Bill (and Christophe, of course) made the bands come alive with hard-to-find
grids on the microwave bands.  We had a blast working W3IY/R as recently as
this past June from W3CCX.

I had the chance to get to know Bill a little better over the past 5-6 years
helping him with a few 24 GHz projects.  I enjoyed our many emails and
telephone conversations.  It was always a pleasure to talk to Bill.

Bill was always enthusiastic and trying something new.  He was a wonderful
encouragement to others and was always looking for ways to help others get
on a new band or improve their operations.  Bill was a living wonderful
example of traits that I admire and try my best to emulate.  I'm sure others
do to.

73, Paul w2ped