[VHFcontesting] 2 meter contest participation

John Geiger ne0p at lcisp.com
Wed Apr 5 00:39:22 EDT 2006

I received the April CQ magazine in the mail today, and in the write up for the 2005 CQVHF contest, the writer made the following statement:  "....underscoring the continued decline in 2-meter North American contest activity."  Assuming that this is true (after all, it is the April issue), why do others think this is occurring?  I have some ideas I will share with the lists tomorrow after I think them through a little more, but interested in what others think might be causing this decline.  And the ARRL VHF contest committee has been studying ways to increase VHF contest activity. Why do they think that 2 meter activity is down.

73s John NE0P
EM04to-Lawton, OK