[VHFcontesting] Another Use of the Calling Frequencies

Dave Agsten w4txs at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 19:49:57 EDT 2006

Since not so long ago everyone was up in arms over Rover rules, and now, they are upset over the use of the calling frequencies, why not just have Rovers use them?

  Just kidding, but isn't this all getting a bit ridiculous? If I'm operating in a contest and don't hear anyone on the calling freq as I'm searching for contacts, I'm going to put out a call or three.

  One final note: The fact that a contest is running does not reserve the calling frequencies for contesters.............

  Dave W4TXS/R