[VHFcontesting] water cooled 1296 cavity amp for sale

KY1K ky1k at pivot.net
Sat Apr 8 17:41:43 EDT 2006

Have a single tube N6CA cavity amp for 1296 for sale, with extras.

There is a box of tubes that comes with it, including a new tube
(still in box). Includes 11 2C39 tubes, two tubes have been modified
for water cooling. There are 2 extra water cooled chrome plated
adapters to convert 2C39's to water cooling. When I bought it, I was
told that all of the tubes were good, I have no way to know if this
is true. There are 2 (new in box) high quality (gold) connectors
included, I don't know what type they are. And, some assorted (extra)
connectors on short pieces of rigid coax go with it. It is an exact
duplicate of the N6CA amp made by Grant's Pass Cavities, I have the
original documentation.

The box that it is mounted in is very rough, but the cavity itself is
in good shape.

There is a water reservoir with hoses and a nice heavy duty 117 volt
powered water pump.

It was purchased from Bill, W3HQT (my neighbor) who used to own
Downeast Microwave. Before Bill owned it, it belonged to Adolf,
N1EFM. Adolf purchased it from NA6E, who tested it before selling it
to Adlolf. I do not know whether N6AE was the original owner.

$110 plus shipping. If the price is high, make me an offer I can't
refuse. Have pictures for anyone interested, specify whether you have
broadband or not.

Art, KY1K

207-382-6009, or email me.