[VHFcontesting] using the calling frequency

Bob Witte K0NR list at k0nr.com
Sat Apr 8 11:21:20 EDT 2006

Ev W2EV wrote:

>--- Ward Silver <hwardsil at centurytel.net> wrote:
>> From reading the comments and looking at scores, it
>> seems to me that in any national VHF contest,
>> there are about four completely different contests
>> going on.  One in the NE, one in the Midwest and
>> Southeast, one in the SW, and one in the NW.  If
>> conditions are really good - they overlap.  If
>> conditions are not good, they might as well be on
>> different planets.
>
>BINGO, I think that we have a winner.
>
>"Evolution in isolation" (in a non-biological sense)
>has created different "species" that point fingers at
>each other, asking eachother to change the behavior
>that they have adopted.
>   <snip>

   Ev, Ward:
   I agree completely...this is on reason why the internet
   discussions of VHF contesting get so heated...you *might*
   get some level of agreement within a region but one-size-fits-all
   is difficult across North America.

   See previous tirades on rover rules, captive rovers, ....

   Now, if everyone else would just avoid calling on *my* frequency,
   144.200 MHz, things would go better :-)

  73,
  Bob

Bob Witte K0NR