[VHFcontesting] Pointing towards the weak ones

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Tue Apr 11 00:38:21 EDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Dale Dermott - K3DD wrote:

>  > Zack W9SZ wrote:
>   > ... Maybe instead of a frequency QSY rule,
>   > we ought to have a "beam swinging" rule?  :-)
>
>  Not exactly sure what Zack means by this, but it sure would be nice to
> know when someone in a distant grid has the beam turned your way and
> could hear you.

Kind of as a joke, I meant that after every QSO you had to point your beam
in a different direction.

Many times I've experienced a station being quite loud where I was but he
was running 100 or 500 watts and pointed away from me.  When he finally
pointed toward me, he could hear me with my 10 watts. Usually at that time
he'd be 40 over 9 or louder.

Zack W9SZ