[VHFcontesting] QRP vs portable

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Tue Aug 22 10:22:20 EDT 2006

Yes, you can do whatever you want.  There are no separate categories for
QRP at home in ARRL contests, however. You'll be up against the
"low-power" class if you operate from home. So if you're just out to have
fun (and it's all fun, isn't it?) keep that in mind.

My very first ARRL VHF contest was on 144 MHz only running 5 watts to a 5
element beam on a tripod in my second-floor apartment.  There was a great
tropo opening that Saturday and I actually worked EN13 from EN50 with it.
I was ecstatic!

73, Zack W9SZ