[VHFcontesting] Map to WD4OAR Sept VHF Contest location (Waucheesi Mtn)

Rusty Boling ae4bk at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 10:07:23 EDT 2006

Just wanted to pass this along to those of you that may want to participate with OARS (Ocoee Amateur Radio Society) during the Sept VHF contest coming up on Sept 9th and 10th.  Waucheesi Mtn is in the Coker Creek community in SE Monroe Co, has an elevation of 3692 ft, and also has a 360 degree view.  We have used this site for the last 2 years and are happy to use it again this year.  The link provided is a map to the site with the "7" being the site.  I usually go in from the Tellico Plains side of Hwy 68 and take Lower Smithfield Rd.  We ought to have a good group of people this year and we may even purchase a new tent for the event.  You can see some pictures on our webpage at www.wd4oar.org in the photo gallery section.  The map is here
  http://cokercreek.org/home/maps/cc2005f.pdf

       If you have any questions you can shoot me an email.  Hope to see everyone there or work you on the bands...Rusty NE4ME