[VHFcontesting] DEM 432-38 Receive Problems Part 2

Shawn Tayler n7lq at xmtservices.net
Tue Jan 17 00:08:40 EST 2006

This is not surprising Jim,

Steve put out a mod for all DEM transverters that raised the 1dB
compression point of the GaAsFET by 10-15dB.  Its in the tech note library
on the DEM Website.  The way to tell if you have the mod is to look
at the voltage regulator that feeds the GaAsFET.  If its a 7805 5V
regulator then it is the older design and more prone to the problem you
are seeing.

Shawn
N7LQ

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:49:14 EST Jimk8mr at aol.com exclaimed: