[VHFcontesting] VHF-DX logger prob continued

David ke4yyd at gtcom.net
Mon Jan 30 12:50:26 EST 2006

Thanks Kevin,

The computer programmers and computer whizzes see little problem here.
Since I am neither, I have problems.

One of the other most asinine rules the ARRL has on log submission, IMHO, is
the requirement that computer generated logs cannot be mailed in yet a hand
written one can.  I know that the purpose is to encourage full participation
in Cabrillo but I think their goal should be to encourage full participation
in attracting and keeping contesters.  They should bend over backwards to
accept all logs that provide the essential information of the contest.

There is no way I can be convinced that deprecating the VHF-DX logging
program encouraged more contesters nor was it a necessity.  After all the
ARRL robot was accepting the both the Alpha and Numeric band designations up
to the January 2006 contest.  Perhaps one of the ARRL contesting folks can
explain it

David