[VHFcontesting] VHF-DX logger prob continued

Jimk8mr@aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Jan 30 13:07:04 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/30/06 12:55:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ke4yyd at gtcom.net writes:

There is no way I can be convinced that deprecating the VHF-DX  logging
program encouraged more contesters nor was it a necessity.   After all the
ARRL robot was accepting the both the Alpha and Numeric band  designations up
to the January 2006 contest.  Perhaps one of the ARRL  contesting folks can
explain it

To save N1ND the time of explaining it again, here it is.  This  Cabrillo
change had missed my attention as well, though to me it seems it should  be an
issue only to the software writers, once I fix up my January log.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

--------------------------------------
(from N1ND):

About 18 months ago it was announced that Cabrillo specs  were being changed
for band identifiers. Numeric designators replaced letters.  This was done for
several reasons, including making Cabrillo VHF logs compatible  with Logbook
of the World. The letter designator are found at
_http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/qso-template.html_ (http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/qso-template.html)

We allowed people a year and a half to update their software but the robot
now  only accepts the numeric designators effective January 1.

You need to edit the Band letters to the correct numeric designators then
resubmit the log.
The reason you are only getting 50 errors is  that the robot only returns the
first 50 problems it finds.
Thanks and 73Dan Henderson,  N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager