[VHFcontesting] VHF-DX logger prob continued

k9tms@mindspring.com k9tms at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 30 13:42:44 EST 2006

In reading all this I can understand to a point why it was done. But to my
knowledge I didn't see any notice on the contest announcement to indicate
that Cabrillio had changed, that the ARRL should have done to avoid this
mass of confusion after the contest.

One thing I find interesting is that in the specifications I can find no
reference to contacts made in the Laser Light Band. Being every thing now
needs a "numeric designator" for each band what they hell is it for Light?
I can see in the notes they took the term light out but no notes as to what
replaced it. These specifications are not clearly written in the first
place so trying to figure out what now needs to be in my software to
generate the correct entries is in some cases not so clear. The good news
is it only takes me a few minutes to make the code changes once I figure
out what the specs are.

Tom - K9TMS

Logbook