[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rover

Dave Agsten w4txs at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 13:50:24 EDT 2006

I'm going to be out and about somewhere this weekend. My home QTH is in FM18ch. I'm open to any suggestions on grids to activate as long as they are within a reasonable distance from here. FM08 and the Skyline Drive are very close, but everyone operates or tries to operate from there. Many get blown away by the big guns wiping out big chunks of bandwidth.

  FM07 on the Blue Ridge Pkwy and SW from there is an option. I can also easily get to the grid corner of FM07, FM17, FM18 and FM08. Not very high in elevation but decent site.

  I could also hit the grid corners of FM07, FM07, EM97 and EM96. Never tried there before but could take a shot and then head up onto the Blue Ridge. Another option would be the FM06, FM07, FM17 and FM16 grid corner.

  Any suggestions or requests will be considered. Are there any grids around that don't get activated during the contest?

  Here's the lineup:

  6 Mtrs: TS-2000x to PAR OA-50 100 wts
                            to PAR SM-50 375 wts
  2 Mtrs  TS-2000x to Pr. PAR OA-144s or 7 Ele M2 175 Wts

  222Mhz FT-857 driving DEMI Xvtr to Pr. PAR OA-222s or 7 Element Gulf Alpha 160 W

  432Mhz TS-2000x to Pr. PAR OA-432s or DSFO432-15RS 100 Wts

  1296  TS-2000x to DS 25 El Looper

  No 903 this time unless the setup goes really well and I have time to work on the xvtr.

  Good luck to all. Rovers drive safely. AND to quote W3IY "Listen for the weak ones"

  73,
  Dave W4TXS  - Single Op Rover ( I think we need a seperate contest category for this)