[VHFcontesting] AA1YN Email address

AA1YN - Lee Scott no-reply at aa1yn.com
Wed Nov 8 14:50:48 EST 2006

Hi All,

Due to the extreme spamming as of late (over 200 per day just to my aa1yn
account), I will be closing down my email address I normally use in the
near future.  The spamming is probably coming from spammers obtaining my
email address from the reflectors and websites that have posted my
address.  There may also be a few of you who are infected with an email
virus. I would suggest anyone who has published my email address on their
website to remove it and in place put my website address with a note to use
the "Contact Me" email form.

For those in the reflector, you will see the email address
no-reply.at.aa1yn.com which is an address that will be bounced back to the
sender. I will not see any emails to this account. The emails from the
reflector will not be bounced as this is a send only account.

I already have a hidden email address for receiving from the reflectors so
I will get the emails. I have a new email account for the contact forms on
my website.  If you really need a direct email contact, then email me from
the contact form and I will reply with a direct email account. If you do
give you my new account, please DO NOT put it in your address book and DO
NOT cc with my address but use bcc instead (Blind Carbon Copy) so it is not
published.

I really do hate rules but maybe this will begin to stem the tide of spam
for me.

Thanks all for your cooperation and hope to catch you on the second leg of
the EME contest.

Lee Scott - AA1YN http://www.aa1yn.com
Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
Home of the VHF Talk chatroom http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com