[VHFcontesting] VUAC was: VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 56, Issue 9

Ed Parish K1EP k1ep at mgef.org
Thu Aug 9 06:33:15 EDT 2007

At 8/8/2007 08:09 PM, you wrote:
>So what happened to the "special" committee the ARRL asked to look at the rules?  I bet they didn't like the results so nothing happened. I'm appalled with their inaction.

The current VUAC committee, which was formed in 2006, has discussed and is discussing the rover and category rules.  However, the VUAC is an advisory committee and can make recommendations, not change the rules.  The last set of recommendations concerning the EME contest did result in rules changes.  Personally, I almost missed your comments because I routinely skip messages with subjects such as "VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 56, Issue 9".  A more appropriate subject line might engage more readers.