[VHFcontesting] VUAC & roving

Fred Lass felasstic at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 17:59:14 EDT 2007

You can be sure that the VUAC is following this public discussion over the best implementation of rover rules.

My goal on the VUAC is to make the QSO parties a fun event, not necessarily a level playing field.  The geography and activity differences in the US precludes such.  As Frank mentions, "contest" (with an accent on the second syllable), as used in this case is exactly the attempt to make rules as reasonable as possible.

Frank's e-mail uses the vernacular name "contest" for the VHF QSO parties to indicate irony.  I contest that.  The term "contest" is not actually included in the title of the event. How ironic is that?  :-)

73,  Fred K2TR  Hudson Division VUAC Representative

frank bechdoldt <k3uhf at hotmail.com> wrote: Well it looks like the VUAC is still thinking. I heard that they called for
roving revision suggestions this year.

The key to contesting might be found in the american heritage dictionary:

A competition, especially one in which entrants perform separately and are
rated by judges.

Im trying to fit the captive circlers in that "seperate" catagory. Should
they be seperated in thier own catagory or shold it be allowed at all?

Which brings us to the next definition in the little book for contest:

To call into question and take an active stand against; dispute or
challenge.

How Ironic......

73s Frank