[VHFcontesting] All Icom SVC manuals, free pdf

Stephan Andre' andres at msu.edu
Thu Aug 16 20:20:42 EDT 2007

On Thursday 16 August 2007 18:13:33 Joshua M. Arritt wrote:
> kr7o at vhfdx.com wrote:
> >  The Italian site does not
> > have the 37a manual, but lists one for the 47a, but I get an error
> > message in Italian when I try to download that or other manuals from that
> > site (will try later).
>
> The links on this page:
>
> http://www.marcucci.it/e_download_s.htm
>
>  ...point to strange, non-standard, I'd imagine non W3C-compliant URLs --
>
> ftp://ftppub:ftpmarc@213.215.151.204/ftppub/service/GP22.zip
>
> ...for example.
>
> When you strip the stuff between "ftp://" and the IP address, they seem
> to work.
>
> Also bummed that the IC-251A, nor the dreaded IC-245 are listed here.  I
> did finally, however, find the user manual for the 245.  One of these
> days, that's going to make one butt-ugly IF radio!
>
>    73,
>       - Josh / KF4YLM

Heh.  That FTP url is a completely standard, RFC compliant thing.  it logs
into the account ftppub with a password of ftpmarc, on the machine at
213.215.151.204.  If your stripping the account and pw worked, then
they likely got rid of the password scheme for FTP (which only makes
sense--why are they trying to protect public data?).

But it is a valid URL.  There are even worse examples of URLs which I
won't go into here. ;-)

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82