[VHFcontesting] KC8QVO/R - planning stages

steve d kc8qvo at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 14:19:23 EDT 2007

Hi All, I am in the process of planning my route for the September VHF  contest. In June I operated KC8JPZ/R, this time Ill be doing a separate  operation.

  The grids I plan to activate are EN70, EN80, EN90, EM79, EM 89, EM99, EM78, EM88, and EM98.

  In June we had set places where we were going - a couple of QTH's we  knew (one was a farm and one was a ranch). This time, I am going to be  activating several grids so I dont have any set places to go. Those of  you that have done real roving in the past - where did you stop an  operate? I dont want to pull in to a parking lot and attract too much  attention. What kinds of areas should I look for? Obviously, the higher  the better.

  Any help would be appreciated.

  Steve, KC8QVO