[VHFcontesting] Roving rules questions

kb7dqh at donobi.net kb7dqh at donobi.net
Mon Dec 17 21:10:21 EST 2007

My best guess is one no longer has to fit all the junk needed to make an
amateur radio station into a single vehicle.  Note the "old" rules said
nothing about "vehicle combinations"
which would imply tow vehicle and trailer.  I would "assume" that one
could use as many vehicles as needed, including non-radio operating or
QSO-logging
"drivers", to move the station from one operating point to another.

This would mean that a group could operate as an "Unlimited Rover" with
separate stations in each vehicle, but operating "together" under a single
station callsign.

As it is, my rover vehicle has been capable of running up to 5 bands
simultaneously from four operating positions, for the last 3 years.
So, only ran officially in a contest with one other person, or solo.

I have been waiting (and lobbying:-) for the creation of an "Unlimited"
Rover class since "creating my monster"...

Now, I can fully utilize its uniqueness in actual competition, and am
looking forward to see how well I do against others who wish to operate in
this new classification!

And the "Grid Pirates"  won't be stuck running from just one grid with
that "superstation" of theirs. If they don't like their QTH, they could
move to one in a different grid, set it back up and legitimately call it a
"rover" operation....

What Fun!!!

Eric
KB7DQH