[VHFcontesting] Contesting translations

Bill Burgess ve3cru at rac.ca
Thu Dec 20 13:45:43 EST 2007

I note over time how so many here are smitten with rules, Rules and RULES with respect to VHF contesting.  Seems many have been recorded, and many have been changed during the years I was not into ham radio.  Been licensed 5 years as of a week ago today, for reference.

The ARRL for all contests  has posted Rules.  Rules are there to regulate the acceptable operating practices that will stabilize the outcome of the contest.  These rules apply from the start of the contest, to the end of the contest, ONLY!

That which follows is not a part of the contest, and therefore is not posted under the category of Contest Rules.

An example of this is the submission of results to contest clubs.  Anything stipulated here can better be described as a regulation or stipulation, not a rule.

The new category of Unlimited Rover is much like the "No Holds Barred" term in wrestling, for almost anything goes.  To be fair, it would be wrong to have these contesters walking away with contesting club prizes when others operating under normal Rover regulations could never amass these very high points.  The Unlimited Class Rovers should be competing amongst those like themselves, not with the Limited Rover or Rover.

I believe in Contesting Integrity.

Bill   VE3CRU/R