[VHFcontesting] Shortest time to 2m VUCC

Walter Pete-CPW005 Pete.Walter at motorola.com
Mon Feb 26 09:07:26 EST 2007

Hi John & Dan,
2m VUCC has happened in less than a day!  In the September 1992 VHF
contest, the AA9D (EN52) multi-op worked 114 grids on 2 meters.  A quick
look at the log shows VUCC in just under 21 hours!  There's no mountains
near Chicago.  Just a nice hill that's about 200' tall.  No Es or Au,
but some very nice tropo that weekend.

Its much faster on 6m.  For example, K3EAR in the July 2006 CQ VHF
contest:
100 grids   3.1 hours
200 grids   6.8 hours
300 grids  26.5 hours
But I suspect that are several examples out there that are much quicker.

73,
Pete
K9PW