[VHFcontesting] Shortest time to 2m VUCC

curtis roseman croseman at usc.edu
Mon Feb 26 12:23:14 EST 2007

VHFers:

Below is a list of all the stations that have worked at least 100 grids in a
June or September ARRL VHF QSO Party.   Note: the June contest
started using grids in1985 and the September contest in 1983.

Grids/          Call/           Class/         Section/      Contest/       Year/
121	W8VP	M	OH	JUNE	85
116	W9UD	M	IL	JUNE	85
114	AA9D	M	IL	SEPT	92
114	WS4F	M	NC	SEPT	86
111	W4BFB	M	TN	SEPT	86
110	W2SZ/1	M	WMA	SEPT	92
110	AA9D	M	IL	JUNE	87
108	N8FMD	M	WV	SEPT	92
108	WD8ISK	M	OH	JUNE	85
105	N8FMD	M	WV	JUNE	89
103	K8GP	M	WV	SEPT	98
102	WD8ISK	M	WV	SEPT	88
101	K8GP	M	WV	SEPT	01

In addition, OK1KIM worked 107 Grids on 2 meters in the 2005 CQWW
VHF July Contest.   (Results of the 2006 CQ contest are not out yet.)
I have not checked the January VHF SS--it is possible, but I think unlikely,
that 100 grids have been worked  on 2 in that one.

Notice the domination of the late 1980s in the above data.   Two meter
activity was more widespread then.

73,   Curt Roseman k9aks