[VHFcontesting] rover tech - coax

Bruce Herrick bdh at teleport.com
Wed Jul 11 16:19:21 EDT 2007

I have to disagree.  UltraFlex is the way to go.  Remember that in a
rover, everything moves.  UF will absorb some of the vibration that
the rigid stuff will transmit to whatever it is connected to.  I have
had failures of internal connections to antenna connectors due to the
rigidity of LMR400 as opposed to something like RG213.  But LMR400 is
superior performance wise.  There are always trade-offs.  UF is a
good compromise.  You get what you pay for.

Bruce WW1M