[VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706MKIIG HF/VHF/UHF rig

John Geiger aa5jg at lcisp.com
Thu Jul 12 11:31:20 EDT 2007

I have for sale an Icom 706MKIIG HF/VHF/UHF radio that is a late model-SN
25791 and in very good condition.  The previous owner (a friend of mine)
didn't use it much because he was usually out of town for work.  It may or
may not have the TCXO installed.  He usually bought radios with the TCXO in
it, and I checked but couldn't determine if it was in there or not.  It
works just fine and I have been using it the past week on HF and VHF.  It is
putting out full power and the receive sounds really good.

Now this radio will do it all.  It does 100 watts on
HF and 6m, 50 watts on 2m, and 20 watts on 70cm.  It
has the DSP built in, as well as a built in keyer, and
will do CTCSS (repeater tone) encode and decode.  It
is a great way to get on HF and 6m meter SSB, as well as 2m SSB and 70cm
SSB, and even the satellites.  You can also still use it on the local 2m and
70cm repeaters-at a decent power level.

It has the mic, manual, power cord, and orignal box. IT has the Icom 500hz
CW filter installed, and I am asking $700 shipped with the CW filter, or I
will pull the filter and sell it for $650 shipped.  This is a very clean rig
and you will not be disappointed in it.

I can take paypal, check, or MO.

73s John AA5JG
(ex: W5TD, NE0P, N0EEN, KA0IFG)
Confirmed 6M addict: 6M WAS #1275, 6m VUCC #1260