[VHFcontesting] Correction re credits of beam designers

Bill Burgess ve3cru at rac.ca
Sat Jul 14 13:56:04 EDT 2007

Gene Zimmerman mentioned several well known beam designers.  However, one is in error.  Ted Sparrow VE3BQN, who became a Silent Key a week ago, was a ham-dentist, never designing beams.  The person deserving this credit is Bob Morton VE3BFM whose stretched 4 elmt 6 meter beams I now have.  Last year's CQ WW VHF Rover World was won by me, using a single 'BFM 4E6 beam 12 feet up on my Rovermobile.  Points: 79,002.  No 2 meters taken.

For those in disbelief over what rovers can put on the roof, I run in all vhf and up contests with this beam at the top of the mast at 12 feet, from the time I leave home till I return home, and run full highway speeds too.

Fuel economy:  Don't ask, not included in any Rover Handbook!  : - )

Bridges, never a problem.  Trees, many problems.  PLAN YOUR ROUTE WISELY!

Bill   VE3CRU/R