[VHFcontesting] K3LFO Rover out for June Test

k3lfo k3lfo at arrl.net
Sun Jun 3 10:38:39 EDT 2007

Progress has been slow going but the new Rover platform is at least
operational at this point.  We are busy Re-installing the gear this
weekend and expect to have 50 Mhz through 2304 operational by next
weekend!  We don't have full power as planed on all bands yet but we're
getting there.

We have NOT finalized our route yet but we have decided to keep it
short.  We are still reeling from the $ 400.00 + fuel bill to go to
Dayton this year with the Rover. So with that in mind I think 5 grids
(perhaps 6) will be our limit.  This will allow us to spend a little
more time in each grid and maybe more time on the air as a result. We
are still studying the maps to come up with the best sites.

I will post our planned route just before the weekend and hope to see
everyone on the air.  Keep an eye out for us.

System status:

50 Mhz - TS2000x - 100 Watts - Moxon Antenna
             - TS2000x - 100 Watts - M2 Square Loop

144 Mhz - TS2000x - TE Systems Amp 350 - 400 Watts - Directive Systems 6
element Rover Yagi
               - TS2000x - 100 Watts - M2 Square Loop

222 Mhz - TS2000x - DEMI Transverter - Mirage Amp 110 Watts - 11 Element
Cushcraft Yagi

432 Mhz - TS2000x - TS Systems Amp 185 Watts - Directive Systems 15
element Rover Yagi
               - TS2000x - 50 Watts - M2 Square Loop

903 Mhz - IC706MK2G - DEMI Transverter - 30 Watts - Directive Systems 33
element Loop Yagi

1296 Mhz - TS2000x - DEMI Amplifier - 120 Watts - Directive Systems 45
element Loop Yagi

2304 Mhz - IC706MK2G - SSB Transverter - Spectrian Amplifier board - 40
Watts + - Directive Systems 45 element Loop Yagi

73 and see you all on the bands,

K3LFO Rover Team -
Jim K3LFO and Dave W3DIO