[VHFcontesting] WSJT6 not going into TX, RX sequence

steve d kc8qvo at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 14:45:00 EDT 2007

Hi all, I downloaded the latest version of WSJT - the icon on my computer says WSJT6 (it has the specJT scope too).

  I cant get it to go into the transmit sequence or recieve. The screen  comes up and specJT comes up. All the features are active on the main  screen - I can plug in calls, the standard messages all work, and I can  switch between auto on and off. However, when I select auto on the  monitor indicator lights up and thats all it does. From the older  version I have I think the monitor feature is just what it says -  monitoring a specific frequency, both periods. So that has me a little  confused. Im not sure what older verion I have is but it has the EME  echo mode, JT44, and FSK441. It works fine - I have had many FSK  contacts on it before.

  My computer is an old toshiba 4015cdt laptop running windows 98. Im not sure of the speed or storage capacity.

  Any ideas?

  Steve, KC8QVO