[VHFcontesting] APRS Comment

John D'Ausilio jdausilio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 22:34:37 EST 2007

The assumption would be that we're all on some frequency other than
.39, and the intention is only to alert stations in range of our
existence. One of the most frustrating things about roving is trying
to get the fixed station's attention! Skeds are mostly ineffective for
rovers who aren't extremely focused on keeping to a schedule .. if I
get to a location and conditions are great and there's a bunch of
microwave contacts lined up I'll be running late in that grid :)

de w1rt/r john