[VHFcontesting] KC8QVO/R planning stages

steve d kc8qvo at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 21:04:31 EDT 2007

I think I have my route figured out. I drove it on Sunday and will be headed back along it tomorrow. The grids I will activate are EM79, EM89, and EN80. I have a few spots picked out in EM89 to operate from - none of them are real good, in terms of RF, however. I havent found any real suitable areas - one is a park and the elevation goes up in one direction, another is a cemetary up on a hill - again, elevation goes up on one side. I havent found a decent position in EM79 yet. The only place I found is a strip mall parking lot. I would rather avoid that location to avoid the people HI.  When I go back home tomorrow Ill look around a bit more and see if I can come up with some better positions. It still looks like Ill be a one-man-band this time.

  Steve, KC8QVO