[VHFcontesting] KC8QVO/R planning stages

steve d kc8qvo at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 22:26:56 EDT 2007

For those of you that are interested in what the rover looks like Ill be in, here is a picture I took after the antenna install was done: http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/KC8QVO/2007%20September%20ARRL%20VHF%20contest/IMG_2652.jpg

  Ill have more pictures after the contest.

  I ended up getting a reply from the place I was trying to get to in EM79: they said it was fine for me to operate from there! The place is called Bergamo Center (if you want to google-map it the place is at the se corner of Research Blvd and Patterson Rd in Dayton, OH). I dont think I have ever been there before, but I hear the view is pretty spectacular. They call it Mount Saint John, so it must be fairly high.

  Anywho, I am going to recharge my batteries (those and myself). I spent about 10 hours on the rover today. Good luck in the contest everyone!!

Steve, KC8QVO