[VHFcontesting] KC8QVO/R update

steve d kc8qvo at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 23:32:05 EDT 2007

Things could be better for the contest. 6m hasnt been too hateful - I made several contacts down to Texas (where else? seems like Texas is a magnet for RF on VHF HI). The rest of the bands havent been too great - just local contacts and a little bit of tropo.

  EM89 fell through - I got to the spot after dark, it was raining, and it is on factory property (Yamada North America). The sign said 9am-dusk and it was well after dusk, so I bagged it. I didnt feel like getting a fine (or risking it). The other places werent worth it. I figured I could get more operating done and more contacts at my buddy's place.

  Speaking of which.. one of the roads I needed to get on was closed - brige out. The detour put me about 3 miles from my house here, so I figured I would stay here tonight and head back out to my buddy's place in the morning (or, whenever I wake up and go mobile again HI). Hey, A/C for the night, a shower before bed, and a change of clothes for the contest tomorrow sounds just FINE with me. After the heat and humidity.. well, use your imagination HI.

  So.. EN80 on the air tomorrow, say maybe noon Ill be out there? That would be 1700z. Hmm. I think I messed up the times in my previous post, I said 1700 I would be in EM79 today.. I was off 2 hours. It should have been 1900. Oh well.

  73's,
  Steve, KC8QVO/R