[VHFcontesting] ARRL Sep VHF W9SZ Single Op LP

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Tue Sep 11 12:34:54 EDT 2007

                     ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: W9SZ
Operator(s): W9SZ
Station: W9SZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 7

     6:   5      3
     2:  15      6
   222:   5      4
   432:   7      4
-------------------
Total:  32     17  Total Score = 748

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I did not use permanent antenna installations and hoped to get them put up
on Saturday but it rained the entire day.  Got the antennas put up on
Sunday morning.

Conditions were rather poor here at that time through the afternoon. I did
not work or hear people in several grids that I usually work in these
contests. For some reason 432 was really difficult this weekend. 50 MHz
was pretty much dead during the time I was active.

Things picked up around sunset on Sunday.  I still had trouble working
some people but heard W3SO in FN00 and stations in EN32 and EM66 on 144
MHz, all with decent signals. I heard many signals in the last couple
hours of the contest on 2m but they didn't hear me. I never heard K8GP.

It was still fun!

73, Zack W9SZ