[VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering

DL Dave dl.daave at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:45:33 EDT 2007

John W1RT,

In regards to a certain multi-op not working you on the microwave bands during
the last VHF contest, you aren't doing yourself any favors by moving back
here and saying '"some" New England multi-op station'. Don't be such a light-
weight. Why don't you come out and say it man? What are you afraid of? They
might not ever work you in the future? I've been in the same boat and denied
microwave contacts from them too. It sucks, but let's put blame where blame is
due.

Now that you are back up here in 1-land, let me clear the names of the
upstanding New England multi-ops and fill you in (and any other new rovers
that attempt to come through here) on the New England multi-op station of
which you so vaguely speak. W2SZ/1 - MGEF, the Mighty Gay Egotistical
Fu--ers.

First, pre-contest they've already filled their microwave log with a schedule
that will keep them working their self-deployed rovers all weekend, so there
just plain isn't any time to work you. Besides, they are only capable of
looking at these preassigned schedules, pointing their antennas where told
and listening for the calls written down in front of them.

Secondly, MGEF is more a cult than anything else. Those who join in never come
out and are sworn to secrecy. They have brainwashed their ops with these
canned responses of which you speak and these newbie and naive KB2's, KC2's,
N2's, they wrangle out of school just don't know any better and believe
everything they are fed.  The elders hide behind these op's claiming ignorance
and in turn avoid blame.

Thirdly, the majority of their microwave equipment is proprietary, with their
non-standard I/Fs and offsets which in turn preclude you from working the
mountaintop gays or their rovers.

Plainly put, they have neither the desire nor capability to work you. In fact,
you are just getting in the way of their weekend script, so get used to this
type of response they feed you. In short, neither MGEF nor their rovers need
your microwave contacts, nor will they ever.

Their phcktard leader Dick Frey WA2AAU can be thanked for all of this. Dick
shouldn't be listed in the Hall of Fame, but more over WA2AAU should be the
first member of the VHF HALL OF SHAME. He has single handedly done the VHF
contesting community the biggest disservice ever with his scumbag tactics.

You would think that the ARRL/VUAC would work to warn, eliminate or DQ such
a phcked up operation such as MGEF, but given that two of the VUAC
members are part of the MGEF cronies(**) list, I highly doubt it. Expect
more of the same from MGEF on future roves up here, until someone at the
ARRL has enough balls to stand up to them and set them straight. Or better
yet, maybe the ARRL will follow suite as CQ has done and start publishing logs
and let the entire VHF community see what is truly going on within MGEF and
make the call for themselves.

As for all the current students of RPI and the real W2SZ, wake up and smell
the coffee kids. Disassociate yourselves from this operation. Get your
station callsign back and away from MGEF and prevent any further tarnishing
of a great educational system and ham club. Don't be bamboozled by a Dick
and the cronies(**) under his spell, else you too will be sucked down the
path of darkness.

Finally, I hope the rest of the VHF community sees MGEF's antics don't just
affect those in the multi-op category, or just those in New England, but they
affect us all, rovers, single-ops and non-W1's alike.  So stand up and say,
We're as mad as hell and we aren't going to accept this type of behavior and
operating practice any more!

John, I hope this was a good lesson for you and that you and Xtof aren't
discouraged from roving up here in New England in the future. Better luck
next time!

73 DL Daave

(**) cronies and MGEF cult followers
K2MM, K2TR, WA2SPL, K1DH, WA8USA, K1EP, W1SZ, W1VE, N1SV, K2AD, N2BNY,
WA1ZMS, KA1PRT, WS2B, W1UW, N1SZ, N2XRE, WW2R, N2YCA

View the cult and those of the darkside at http://www.mgef.org/