[VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint - K1TEO

WA2TEO at aol.com WA2TEO at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 08:28:16 EDT 2007

Great sprint this time. Extra fun because the Hepburn map predictions and the
APRS real time prop didn't look like anything special. About 20 minutes in I
was called by a strong EN82 station followed by a station in EN91. Band
remained decent to the west throughout with 6 stations worked in EN82 (beyond normal
tropo range), and likewise 6 worked in EN90 and 91. Worked a total of 18 W8's
which has to be close to my all time high from this QTH for any contest. Band
was also enhanced to the SW with EM95 and several stations in EM96 worked.
The irony is that local participation especially in New England and NJ/PA was
fairly poor. Total was 138 Q's in 37 grids. Tnx to the sponsors and hope to CU
on 222 next week.

73, Jeff K1TEO