[VHFcontesting] inverters

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Apr 14 15:41:44 EDT 2008

There was an article in one of the ham magazines within the last decade on
how to build a 12 VDC generator using an automobile alternator and a small
engine (such as a lawn mower engine).

It looked like something that can easily be built from "junk" parts and
would power a small station pretty easily. Probably very clean DC output
but maybe noisy sound-wise. I haven't built it yet but might give it a
try. It would definitely handle my QRP-portable operations.

73, Zack W9SZ